Friday, October 14, 2011

A Few Quick Points

I see that I am getting a large increase in readership so I want to make a few quick points so that you know where we stand in the bigger picture.

  1. First, I will point out that the October 3rd Mars 72° crossing did in fact result in a major turn in the markets. The prediction was a day early, but the crossing actually occurred late in the day, so really it was only off by hours.
  2. I will stress again that the Jupiter-Mars cycle is significant primarily because it has been coinciding with the fixed 72° harmonics.
  3. The larger stock market cycle is driven by Uranus. Each 72° Uranus crossing results in a major top or bottom. This is explored in depth by Cowan. The Uranus orbital period is 84 years, so this results in a 17-year cycle. Interestingly, each 17-year cycle alternates so that a 17-year bull cycle is followed by a 17-year sideways-to-bear cycle, followed by a bull cycle, and so on. We are currently in a sideways-to-bear cycle that began around the year 2000. (But the Dow peaked in 2007 you say? This is why Cowan uses the Nasdaq whenever possible; the Nasdaq is a more reliable indicator of emotional trading.)
  4. Due to the synchronicity of the planets, the 17-year cycle can also be seen via other planets as well. There are other cycles in play too. This is obviously a complex problem.
  5. Every down-trending 17-year cycle contains a mid-cycle panic, occurring at Uranus 36° crossings (and seen also via other planetary configurations). This is the explanation for the 2008 crash.
  6. I do not believe the bull run since 2009 is over. I believe we need a higher order "event" to occur in order to reverse this bull run. However, I am still researching this and am not 100% confident about it.
  7. I apologize for the infrequency of the posts. I am very new to this and there is a lot of research involved in understanding Cowan's work, and then applying it to the current markets.

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks for putting up this site. It's great for one who doesn't want or need all the details in Mr. Cowan's new book 2009.
    Question: Does Bradley explain in his book what causes the 13 Year Low Cycle also seen in major indexes like the $SPX?
    Is it another conjunction of some exact type?

    A very good chart is here on Mr. Bussiere's site:
    http://astrocycle.net/wordpress/index.php/category/2-stocks/1-sp-500/
    Chart:
    http://astrocycle.net/SC/spx_M.png

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply. I forgot to check for comments so I missed a few of them! There is a *very* important 13 year cycle that Cowan addresses, but I'm not sure that it is the same cycle you are referring to. I will do a post on the 13 year cycle soon. Thanks so much for the links, I will definitely look into this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, I looked quickly at the chart you posted and I do believe it is the same 13 year cycle that Cowan talks about. I will try to get an explanation up soon!

    ReplyDelete

]]>